Get rid of the Escrow Update!

19 minutes ago, Chansey said:

When the petitions don't work boycotts do.... all you need is enough people to abstain from using anything that is related to escrow. Valve doesn't like people getting mad because someone scammed them but I'm pretty sure they would be worse off if the legit community stopped giving Valve money.

Boycotting won't work as valve even thought of getting rid of trading as a whole, which means that everything has to go via the community market.

Lets face it. Valve is confronted with 70K angry users each month who claim that Valve stole their items, just like we are confronted with about 200 angry users each month that claim our bots scammed them when in reality they just didnt pay attention to what the trade is telling them.

The mobile auth has been added by Valve to protect themselves. If you want a change, then make useful and constructive pledges, like allowing "everyday trades" with common and not very valuable items to be exluded from escrow.

You wont be successfull with your silly petitions and boycotts. After all, you are just hurting the community with that. "I won't trade anymore until Valve fixes this" will just lead to the community sites going bankrupt. Do you want that?

It's not that I want sites like this to go bankrupt... I'm just not spending any money on games from Steam and whatnot. Valve doesn't make a profit on trades between players (or bots like on this site) but if they're so adamant about implementing such a hindrance to the market of one of their best games I don't think I should be spending my money on them. I'll continue playing TF2 much like I had done for my first 3 years of owning the game.... not buying anything from Valve.....

As a bit of clarification I meant to say I am swearing off giving Valve money while Escrow is up... I'm still happy to trade with other players (just not happy about the 3 day wait thanks to escrow).

I still think that calling this escrow is a bit misleading.

Escrow-

1 :  a deed, a bond, money, or a piece of property held in trust by a third party to be turned over to the grantee only upon fulfillment of a condition

2 :  a fund or deposit designed to serve as an escrow

Not a great definition, but whatever.

This is actually just a trade hold. There are quite a few ways around the trade hold, but petitioning or boycotting Valve in an attempt to get the system taken off isn't going to do anything. Those same petitions were tried with the confirmation email system and it didn't work then either.

Get used to it. Maybe think about finding one of the desktop auth programs if you just refuse to get an android or idevice. This hold system isn't going anywhere.