ServerError404

Vote Button On Results Page

If you don't vote and click on "Results" first, you can't go back to vote. I think there should be a button on the results page to vote if you didn't do that first.

Sometimes when I'm answering a poll, I'd like to see what others think before I vote. So a button to go back to voting would be useful.

That defeats the purpose of polling people if the people you are polling see how others answered before them because it has the potential to influence their answer. It should not be too hard for you to pick an answer beforehand, and then check results, since your answer should hopefully be the same either way.

While I realize almost all the polls on scrap.tf are not overly important, its still the idea of correct polling protocol in order to not skew the results.

26 minutes ago, Baloo said:

That defeats the purpose of polling people if the people you are polling see how others answered before them because it has the potential to influence their answer. It should not be too hard for you to pick an answer beforehand, and then check results, since your answer should hopefully be the same either way.

While I realize almost all the polls on scrap.tf are not overly important, its still the idea of correct polling protocol in order to not skew the results.

I disagree. There are many sites that offer a feature like this. I think it's because when answering a poll, some people may not be completely sure what to answer. So, looking at the results gives them a picture of what others think. In my opinion, it's better to have an answer rather than none at all.

And besides, these polls are generally pretty small, so they're not supposed to be representative of a certain population. Therefore, accuracy doesn't need to be accounted for. Most people just place polls in raffles just to complete a quest for EP anyway. :P

Its a poll. A poll of your opinion... your opinion. You should not look at the results in order to know how to base your answer as it may influence your opinion. You have the ability to see how others answered afterwards, it does not matter if you are not knowledgeable on the subject, if you believe you do not know enough, then what's the point of even answering the poll? Especially once you have seen other people's answers? I'm aware you stated people are doing it just to complete daily quests for the scrapTF holiday event, but if that's the case for you, then just answer the poll with your personal opinion before checking the results.

Edited by Baloo

23 hours ago, Baloo said:

Its a poll. A poll of your opinion... your opinion. If you should not look at the results in order to know how to base your answer as it may influence your opinion. You have the ability to see how others answered, it does not matter if you are not knowledgeable on the subject, if you believe you do not know enough, then what's the point of even answering the poll once you have seen other people's answers? I'm aware you stated people are doing it just to complete daily quests for the scrapTF holiday event, but if that's the case for you, then just answer the poll with your personal opinion before checking the results.

38 minutes ago, Jesse | ScrapTF said:

I actually say you shouldn't be able to see the results without voting.

I see your guys' point. Might as well close this now, it doesn't look like it's getting added. :P

On 12/17/2015, 7:45:32, Jesse | ScrapTF said:

I actually say you shouldn't be able to see the results without voting.

i agree.  if u haven't voted you shouldn't be able to see the results.