Didnt get anything from secret santa

5 minutes ago, Top_Cat said:

Giving a gift is supposed to be selfless, you can't "lose".

If you read the description of the event it does lay out the terms reasonably clearly.

I am sure many people would rather give to people who have actually given away something themselves, instead of it going to someone who had no intention of giving anything away. If you were guaranteed to get something in return for giving, its likely more people would participate.

Edited by Philip
3 minutes ago, Philip said:

I am sure many people would rather give to people who have actually given away something themselves, instead of it going to someone who had no intention of giving anything away. If you were guaranteed to get something in return for giving, its likely more people would participate.

You item cannot go to someone who does not also give.

Again, read the event description.

13 minutes ago, Top_Cat said:

You item cannot go to someone who does not also give.

Again, read the event description.

Yeah i didn't word that properly, in the middle of stuff at the moment.

Basically what I tried to say was that if people haven't given before a certain date (or don't meet certain criteria), those people are determined to be grinches/not eligible to join and are removed from the pool and everyone who has given is matched up with someone else who has given. That way everyone gets something and its overall more fun.

27 minutes ago, Philip said:

Yeah i didn't word that properly, in the middle of stuff at the moment.

Basically what I tried to say was that if people haven't given before a certain date (or don't meet certain criteria), those people are determined to be grinches/not eligible to join and are removed from the pool and everyone who has given is matched up with someone else who has given. That way everyone gets something and its overall more fun.

Then you can't personalise your gift at all which is basically just another raffle. Less fun.

The fun is in giving, not receiving. If you disagree you're probably a grinch. :)