Place to talk

I honestly believe that it has to deal with the influx of 'i'm depressed' or 'this person needs love / wub' public raffles where people will complain about whatever / someone that isn't them being sad.

Now I know why I didn't make public raffles before (rofl); at least you see none of that in the puzzles section.

And trust me, if it reaches that point where people will complain about these type of things in the puzzle raffles, I think I'll personally be done.

Or I could just avoid the above by entering none of them and continuing the Touhous, who knows

If someone had a bad day and wants to write about it, fine. If someone needs some kind words after a rough time, fine. Its not fine, however, to take over on others behalves, because you think you are "helping" them. They want to be left alone, leave them alone.

If they really need serious help, most websites on the internet that operate like we do can not risk to offer this kind of help or take this kind of responsibility. Period.

1 minute ago, Bat-Country | ScrapTF said:

Its not fine, however, to take over on others behalfs, because you think you are "helping" them. They want to be left alone, leave them alone. If they really need serious help, most websites on the internet that operate like we do can not risk to offer this kind of help or take this kind of responsibility. Period.

It's this, definitely this for me. When people ask to be left alone, it never follows through and love is spread everywhere on their profiles. Something like that, I dunno. 

I wouldn't make raffles to talk about personal/serious issues like depression, I'd talk to family, friends or a professional, but to each his own. I now feel bad for commenting on the requested people's profile for support, even-though I wanted to show support (I had depression so I know how much it sucks, especially when you feel isolated).

Edited by Testarossa
clarification
8 minutes ago, Bat-Country | ScrapTF said:

If someone had a bad day and wants to write about it, fine. If someone needs some kind words after a rough time, fine. Its not fine, however, to take over on others behalfs, because you think you are "helping" them. They want to be left alone, leave them alone. If they really need serious help, most websites on the internet that operate like we do can not risk to offer this kind of help or take this kind of responsibility. Period.

I too, support this, this is what I said to Duck in a hidden topic, I'll quote exactly what I said. 

Alright, this is how I think it was closed, (from what I've seen, we don't mean to offend nor do we have anything against the user these are targeted to) all these raffles trying to make a user feel better is a good thing in a way, but also tends to cause uproars of drama, people getting warnings and bans, comments getting deleted.

So, to compensate for these, we hide the raffles, of course it doesn't really stop it that much (maybe), but you gotta try something somehow. We don't want to have drama being made over something that we shouldn't be involved in, as much as this could maybe help the user, it also annoys the shite out of the user, most likely causing them to end up being even more upset. Again, we don't have anything against the user that the raffle(s) targeted to, we just don't want any drama or having to set down bans/warnings for harassment, etc, because that'd cause even more drama.

I'll leave it like that, topic locked and closed. This isn't really something to ask for H&S for.

1 minute ago, Jigglypuff said:

Can one enter by backtracking, or does it end immediately when it's hidden?

Also where do the prizes go? Back to raffler or to a winner?

You can get linked to it, but that's it. Raffle doesn't end instantly. (Goes to winners when it ends)

Edited by Moonie