im confused on 10 sec rule

now i know there's been a lot of complaining about it ( im not saying remove it im just confused about it )but id like to know why did the rule even come about? is it about bots joining raffles or is it to encourage people to read raffle messages before joining? maybe another reason i don't see? I haven't really seen anything written from the mods or devs (maybe i missed it i'm not on scrap.tf everyday) and it seems like to rule was just kinda dropped into scrap.tf (maybe im wrong please tell me if i am). sorry for the long post

- Goalie5 tonka truck

28 minutes ago, awesomedog7 said:

Can you please explain how it will achieve this, and how it will overcome people reprogramming their bots?

We have methods of finding out which users bot our site and farm raffles, this new method will help us identify them more precisely. I won't go in depth for obvious reasons, of course.

But the other reason that the one who made the thread stated is true, we do want users to take some time to read the message that the raffler's put as raffler are more than a "OMG FREE ITEMS!", some rafflers want to express their opinions, feelings, ideas or want to have a discussion. Tl;dr a way of making the community care more about rafflers for what they are instead of what they raffle.

There might be more reasons, but I am unaware of them.

The way to do a community is not obliging they to read things a raffler writes, and at least 5 seconds would be great 10 seconds it's annoying because much times or i want to enter fast or the raffle text is so small, i really don't read the giant texts in raffles only if it looks interesting