Question to moderators

As many of you already know, I made a raffle that asking people if they'd vote for Trump (personally I would prefer Bernie, but he has no chance) (I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link, but to be safe, I won't). However, without any reason given to me whatsoever, it was closed by a moderator. None of the comments posted, or the message I gave was offensive, I wasn't harassing anybody (and neither was anyone in the comments) and there was no hateful speech. The only thing that could've been breaking the General or Raffle rules was no advertising, as I suppose having my raffle say that people should vote for a certain candidate could be perceived as advertising him, but I have seen raffles titled #FeelTheBern before. I accept that the moderator had the right to close my raffle, however, I don't think I was actually breaking any rules. I'm not making any accusations, but there's a chance a moderator disliked Trump, and therefore closed my raffle. I just want a mod to tell me why my raffle was closed, so I can keep that in mind next time I make a raffle.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2016 at 3:13 PM, Necrocancer said:

So giving opinions equates to instigating drama? Oh, let's restrict people's opinions because it's gonna hurt others' feelings.

I don't think being able to share opinions is why the raffle was closed.  If it were that simple then comments wouldn't be allowed in any raffles.  Like Dima said, politics can get crazy.  And whodoyathink stated that his raffle basically said that people should vote for a certain candidate.  A poll asking who people would vote for isn't likely to start trouble by itself.  But also telling people that they should vote for someone specific, especially someone as controversial as Donald Trump, is likely to start some unpleasant conversations.