Why scrap.tf is very stupid for MVM players

Well... Admins are gonna delete this for the hate againt this. lets get started:

I recently played MVM and i ran out of tickets. instead of buying one i wanted to trade one so i wont lose money. but maybe i should have chosen those 0.88 cents (yes i pay with the Euro). So, like most traders i got to scrap.tf (lets just say this site). and i found some ToD tickets by the items. and i was shocked by the 7 ref price. but i began selling 3 stranges there and a hat to just get the ticket. after trading it n stuff i looked how much the price was so i could maybe sell it.... and i was shocked again when i saw. that i got scammed by the "trustable" trading site (i paid 3x the normal price that some sane person would give tickets for on TF2). the botkillers are also too cheap and will give you no profit at all. the only good thing is selling your tickets there

since you know my story. how are you scammed by this site. because we all know this site is far from being perfect.

if you like hating this post, just search another forum.

9 minutes ago, ☣-☠[P2P]Scout☢NL☠-☣ said:

Well... Admins are gonna delete this for the hate againt this. lets get started:

I recently played MVM and i ran out of tickets. instead of buying one i wanted to trade one so i wont lose money. but maybe i should have chosen those 0.88 cents (yes i pay with the Euro). So, like most traders i got to scrap.tf (lets just say this site). and i found some ToD tickets by the items. and i was shocked by the 7 ref price. but i began selling 3 stranges there and a hat to just get the ticket. after trading it n stuff i looked how much the price was so i could maybe sell it.... and i was shocked again when i saw. that i got scammed by the "trustable" trading site (i paid 3x the normal price that some sane person would give tickets for on TF2). the botkillers are also too cheap and will give you no profit at all. the only good thing is selling your tickets there

since you know my story. how are you scammed by this site. because we all know this site is far from being perfect.

if you like hating this post, just search another forum.

I don't really know how you got scammed as some facts from your story are wrong.

Yes, you paid 7.55 ref for buying the ticket, but you didn't pay 3 times more the normal price. I don't know how you calculated this, but 7.55 isn't even near to three times more.

tocghpow7smnwpnzk6uj.png

e41824nurikz3iw0a9fa.pngnhtt3pufabds8dtvnwlv.png

Was there any scam with the tickets? Not at all.

Teh bot parts are cheap because they are very easy to obtain and there are lots of it, the price just changes on the demand for them and how many in stock we have.

52 minutes ago, ☣-☠[P2P]Scout☢NL☠-☣ said:

i usually find people selling it for 3 or 2 ref. here is somebody selling some of them: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/12038232

The trade you've linked is from 2 years ago, and the price has changed vastly since then. If you search for recent trades of ToD tickets on TF2Outpost you'll find that the average selling price of ToD tickets is around 7.33 refined, which is reflected in the price listing on backpack.tf. The extra 2 scrap you pay for the tickets here is just a premium for an automated service.

I don't know how much is ToD ticket in mann co store, but 1 ref is worth about 0.13$, multiply by 7.55 and you get about 98~99 cents.

Lets round it up to 1$ and we get the price of about 0.88€.

In the end, you end up with same thing if my calculations aren't broken.

Edited by JSS
2 hours ago, ☣-☠[P2P]Scout☢NL☠-☣ said:

i didn't know that the cheapest item in the mann co store is was so expensive

It's not that it's expensive, it's just that over the last year or so refined has become relatively worthless.

2 hours ago, Cowser the Koopahog said:

Two words: Killstreak Kits.

Details: Quick-Fix Kit worth ~14-16 ref, scrap.tf pays only 6.66 ref.

The same Bat says in this thread is applicable on killstreak kits.

4 hours ago, Lukiday said:

The same Bat says in this thread is applicable on killstreak kits.

Well, there should at least be a price check sometimes (monthly maybe?) and put the prices somewhere around the new price.  After all, 

On 4/28/2016 at 7:23 AM, Ben said:

[...] the price has changed vastly since then.

Sure, the price of the Kit I referred to in my original post may have been worth less than what it is now, leading to its then-reasonable sell price.  However, economies are very volatile, so things can go up or down at any time.  If the price drops back down to what it used to be that lead to the given sell price on scrap.tf, then so be it.  But it is always a good idea to be prepared.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the selling is godawful though. i have tried to sell stuff that was worth 10 ref and it was paying 7 ref or even lower. i know its profit, but subtracting over 1 or 2 ref is overkill.

And can we not sell strange skins, its quite annoying because i cant sell my strange factory new citizen pain mini gun on the selling part of skins, and its really annoying because i cant sell it otherwise. :/

2 minutes ago, Purple said:

And can we not sell strange skins, its quite annoying because i cant sell my strange factory new citizen pain mini gun on the selling part of skins, and its really annoying because i cant sell it otherwise. :/

It doesn't have enough listings on the Steam Community Market to be bought. Needs 15 listings.

And we need enough profit to keep this site running, you know. Nothing comes free. Hell, every is expensive as fuck these days.

I'm about to get tax on soda in my state, and it's basically just gonna stop people from buying soda in general.

8 hours ago, Purple said:

the selling is godawful though. i have tried to sell stuff that was worth 10 ref and it was paying 7 ref or even lower. i know its profit, but subtracting over 1 or 2 ref is overkill.

You can sell strange skins, your skin might be overstocked, or there aren't 15 of those exact skins on the market.

I'll just post this again:

even though it is about unusuals, it explains the principle of the site pretty well.

Edited by Lukiday