TF2 servers suggestions

Just now, Radiant#TeamPyro said:

Deathrun and prophunt would be nice. Market Garden battle??? 

Things I would suggest:

Prophunt

The HIDDEN

Deathrun

Market Garden Arena on Hightower

Class Wars (i think this is already suggested)

x10 with Crits on Hightower

Thats my suggestions, I hope one of these suggestions would be picked. :))

Smash Bros Arena is good. I would recommend that.

There is this one gamemode called War3Evo or Warcraft 3 Source, an RPG type of gamemode for TF2. You get to use different types of skills and ultimates for each race to use in combat and you can also earn gold, exp, and platinum.

In short, its really like if TF2 was partially MOBA.

Edited by Zaptoshi The CoolPikachu™
4 hours ago, Zaptoshi The CoolPikachu™ said:

There is this one gamemode called War3Evo or Warcraft 3 Source, an RPG type of gamemode for TF2. You get to use different types of skills and ultimates for each race to use in combat and you can also earn gold, exp, and platinum.

In short, its really like if TF2 was partially MOBA.

Even I would agree if Valve said that was too confusing for new players.

I would like to volunteer to help moderate the server.

As Brag has already stated, I already host a weekly raffle series where I invite lots of people to the Scrap.tf server and have a "party," it has become the most successful server raffle series in terms of participation, you've seen it yourself Jesse.

A problem we've been experiencing is people who join expecting a normal game and begin killing when we are trying to set something up, most of the time they comply and join in, but sometimes when we tell them to stop they just kill more to spite us, and in general it's very difficult to have organisation and order within the server during these parties as we cannot kick those who are just there to ruin our event.

A moderator isn't always there to help when the parties are on, and as the host of these parties which never fail to fill the server to capacity, I would love to moderate the servers, not just for the parties, but for Scrap.tf in general.

Hope you consider it.

Sorry for the huge paragraph, I know it's just supposed to be volunteering but I'm treating as if it were a mod application.

Edited by Meclent
14 minutes ago, Meclent said:

I would like to volunteer to help moderate the server.

As Brag has already stated, I already host a weekly raffle series where I invite lots of people to the Scrap.tf server and have a "party," it has become the most successful server raffle series in terms of participation, you've seen it yourself Jesse.

A problem we've been experiencing is people who join expecting a normal game and begin killing when we are trying to set something up, most of the time they comply and join in, but sometimes when we tell them to stop they just kill more to spite us, and in general it's very difficult to have organisation and order within the server during these parties as we cannot kick those who are just there to ruin our event.

A moderator isn't always there to help when the parties are on, and as the host of these parties which never fail to fill the server to capacity, I would love to moderate the servers, not just for the parties, but for Scrap.tf in general.

Hope you consider it.

Sorry for the huge paragraph, I know it's just supposed to be volunteering but I'm treating as if it were a mod application.

Yeah, we need someone to control the utter chaos that I'm pretty darn sure will happen in future events.

instead of having a lot of servers which no one will join, how about just have 1-2 servers that has lots of minigames in it?

minigames should include : deathrun, freak fortress, dodgeball, prop hunt , custom maps and stock valve maps

also, i would love to be a server mod because i myself do not very like mean people and players which ruin the fun and delay games for other players. we also can do a hat raffle everyday and if they want to join the raffle in the server they can type a command and join the raffle, for example if they want to join a raffle in the server they have to type something like !joinraffle or /raffles.

Edited by sparky
just wanted to add something in

I don't know if this has already been suggested but it's probably a long shot anyways, but a donator only server? or maybe just a server dedicated to messing around with things like resizing and other common donator perks enabled. I just thought it would be an interesting idea so the other servers can be taken a little more seriously. sorry this is probably vague but I hope someone understands what I'm trying to say. 

Edit: I also think there should be established rules before any server admins/moderators are selected. With no rules there are no rules to enforce and admin abuse is another concern. 

Edited by PoneD
extra thoughts
9 hours ago, PoneD said:

I don't know if this has already been suggested but it's probably a long shot anyways, but a donator only server? or maybe just a server dedicated to messing around with things like resizing and other common donator perks enabled. I just thought it would be an interesting idea so the other servers can be taken a little more seriously. sorry this is probably vague but I hope someone understands what I'm trying to say. 

Edit: I also think there should be established rules before any server admins/moderators are selected. With no rules there are no rules to enforce and admin abuse is another concern. 

Yeah, donor perks on the server would be pretty great. It would probably incentivize more people to donate as well.

Don't we have some basic rules already?

11 hours ago, Nope. said:

Yeah, donor perks on the server would be pretty great. It would probably incentivize more people to donate as well.

Don't we have some basic rules already?

Oh yeah there are some basic rules listed but it's all basically "don't be rude" I guess I didn't specify that I meant rules aimed towards events. I know messing with events would technically fall under "don't be rude" but I still think if someone were to randomly join the stock maps server and then suddenly get banned/kicked for not fallowing along they would probably see it as getting banned for no reason, they were just playing the game weren't they? Which is why something like a server just for messing around would probably be better for events instead of a server that's basically a pub in it's current state. another issue with events would probably be timers, I know people probably don't want a 24/7 minecraft map server but it would be nice if they could do something about time running out while an even't is in place. Sorry I didn't mean to rant.

Hello, Just some random things I think about.

I feel that there should be a script or plugin that kicks player who change there name on the server. I just see people abuse the fact that players can change there name constantly to bully or put down other plays by putting hurtful messages in there name.

Also donor perks would be interesting.

On 12/08/2016 at 0:59 AM, PoneD said:

Oh yeah there are some basic rules listed but it's all basically "don't be rude" I guess I didn't specify that I meant rules aimed towards events. I know messing with events would technically fall under "don't be rude" but I still think if someone were to randomly join the stock maps server and then suddenly get banned/kicked for not fallowing along they would probably see it as getting banned for no reason, they were just playing the game weren't they? Which is why something like a server just for messing around would probably be better for events instead of a server that's basically a pub in it's current state. another issue with events would probably be timers, I know people probably don't want a 24/7 minecraft map server but it would be nice if they could do something about time running out while an even't is in place. Sorry I didn't mean to rant.

Can't help but agree it would be nice to have a separate "mess-around" server, it would benefit both partygoers and pub players alike.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see Halloween maps on at least one of the scrap.tf servers too, especially with it now being October.  It might be nice if the scrap.tf community could play on the Halloween maps together.  And with the new casual system in TF2 a private server might be better for playing the Halloween maps.  Unless Valves sets up the Halloween maps through a different system somehow.

On 8/3/2016 at 9:33 AM, Scout-aloo | trade.tf said:

Ehh.. As someone who likes to train with bots (bad connection on my end mostly) I have to say that Bots (esspecially engies) are way to easy to outplay, making that gamemode pretty one sided in my opinion.

Engineer bots will be on difficult mode mabey?

Edit: I've played on a server with 16 engi bots once, it took forever for 10 people to kill all the engis once they have built. (Even hard for spies)

Edited by Shirshimo