What happend with the auctions?

all the auctions were ruined, You can no longer bid, and people who auction expensive items can only watch as they lose their items for 1 refined metal.
What will happen to the issue of auctions?
Will they be canceled and the objects returned to their owners, or have the auctioneers simply already lost their items at ridiculous prices?

57 minutes ago, paperface said:

jeez they always close their eyes regarding this problem...

"Always", do they? I didn't know that was such a common everyday thing: being two of maybe three-five largest trading sites, if not the largest and most popular ones, having their bots, depositing hundreds of thousands dollars worth of items, blocked, which puts the very existing of said sites into question and the course of future trading action overall.
Oh, what a world, what a world!

49 minutes ago, GLEY218 said:

"Always", do they? I didn't know that was such a common everyday thing: being two of maybe three-five largest trading sites, if not the largest and most popular ones, having their bots, depositing hundreds of thousands dollars worth of items, blocked, which puts the very existing of said sites into question and the course of future trading action overall.
Oh, what a world, what a world!

lol you said it yourself being two of maybe three-five largest trading sites, why not implement something like that?

or have you ever have auction running but someone can't even bid on it and the timer keep ticking?

this thing has been a problem long ago

you can check my thread from December ago 

my auction can get more bid, but someone can't bid because trade is down and the timer still running until it's too late

1 hour ago, paperface said:

lol you said it yourself...

I am implying that the situation, its possible conclusion and their effect might happen to be a lot more serious than some inability to place bids, timers and whatsoever.
And even then I don't think there would be any safety lock possible (or able to) to provide all that, since this is all running on bots (which, yet again, are out of reach now).
If I were you, I would be more worrying if I'd be able to just get my items back at all.

(I can't see your post, it's private)

Edited by GLEY218
Grammar
On 3/18/2024 at 1:20 AM, GLEY218 said:

I am implying that the situation, its possible conclusion and their effect might happen to be a lot more serious than some inability to place bids, timers and whatsoever.
And even then I don't think there would be any safety lock possible (or able to) to provide all that, since this is all running on bots (which, yet again, are out of reach now).
If I were you, I would be more worrying if I'd be able to just get my items back at all.

(I can't see your post, it's private)

When site growing larger they should implement more features, Admins really have to step in to fix/pause auctions.

because A LOT of people using this, and this is just a matter of codes for Ongoing auction which is not involving bots.

Its even mindboggling that they addressed raffles in their frontpage posts but not auctions.

19 hours ago, paperface said:

...and this is just a matter of codes for Ongoing auction which is not involving bots.

Its even mindboggling that they addressed raffles in their frontpage posts but not auctions.

I agree. I strongly apologize for being mean and offensive previosly - this whole situation kind of got on my nerves, and I completlely missed that..

Edited by GLEY218

scrap.tf is a little bit notorious for how they run the site imo... especially when it comes to auctions.

For example, you used to be able to bid anything in an auction if you enabled items. The items had their prices based on what backpack.tf's current price for that item was - meaning if an item went up or down in value, the system could quickly update to keep item prices accurate.

On paper, that seems like a good idea.

Unfortunately, sometimes items (especially uncraftables) can have freak price adjustments. An uncraftable cosmetic worth maybe two refined would suddenly skyrocket to a key in value without rhyme or reason. People could then take that uncraftable item, throw it into a bid, and if they weren't caught by the person auctioning they could practically steal items at a massive discount.

The worst part was that once the items are traded by the bidder, the process could not be undone. You could bid on an auction, wait five minutes, and scurry away with loot. 

An obvious solution would be to give people a minimum amount of time to reject a winning bid prior to the transaction (something like 24 hours), but that idea was never considered for some reason.

This went on for at least a year before the "solution" was provided, which was to basically ban (almost) all items from being used in a bid.

Don't even get me started on the suggestion section in the forums, which is never used despite the fact the mods refuse to shut it down.

On 3/20/2024 at 9:46 AM, Dat-Mudkip said:

Unfortunately, sometimes items (especially uncraftables) can have freak price adjustments. An uncraftable cosmetic worth maybe two refined would suddenly skyrocket to a key in value without rhyme or reason. People could then take that uncraftable item, throw it into a bid, and if they weren't caught by the person auctioning they could practically steal items at a massive discount.

The worst part was that once the items are traded by the bidder, the process could not be undone. You could bid on an auction, wait five minutes, and scurry away with loot. 

Can absolutely confirm. I lost 70+ keys on my Strange Unusual Degreaser when someone bid a Pro KS Neon Annihilator that was valued at 500+ keys for some insane reason. Because I had a instant buy price of 200 keys or so, I had no opportunity to reject the bid, and lost a huge amount of my keys which lost me a deal I was working towards for a dream item.