TF2 Melee weapon parrying???

So I've been playing Medieval mode* quite a bit again, and I'm not sure if I'm seeing this right or if I'm just crazy** but I swear it feels like there are moments when I'm attacking with a melee strike at the same time that my enemy is attacking and I might even hear the sound clip of a hit, but there's no damage dealt either way.

Is it possible to parry melee hits?  Or is this perhaps a closely miscalculated hit-box issue?

I've tried conducting some research and haven't found any mention of parrying in game mechanics.  Thoughts?

*For any of you newer to TF2, Medieval Mode is a special game mode that you can really only find by looking for specific servers that run it.  The premise is it's typical objective based TF2 game play... without all the guns.  Mostly just a bunch of guys running around knocking each others heads in with melee weapons.  Definitely recommend it if you haven't tried it yet.

**I already KNOW I'm crazy.  The question still stands.

In medieval mode, 90% of the time, the gamemode itself is a clusterf*ck, so i would not be surpirsed if your hits did not resgister. Things like this happen a lot, it might have something to do with the already broken hitboxes which spies have abused since... Ever... Though i'm not really sure because Valve has yet to shed some light onto this problems.

• 3xlneet locked and locked this topic