Trading & Trust

Maki

Ok, I think I need some advice from more experienced traders. Basically I'm lurking for quicksells and try to be the fastest to accept. Some people use trade offer links, so it does work sometimes. Unfortunately, most (often small and random) traders don't use them and want instead that you add them...And I have a problem with that. When I offer them my trade link, they just take friend requests from other traders. I just don't know if adding is safe enough to be worth the quicksell. I don't have time to check their profile and reputation, because other traders are insanely fast (offers are often gone in less than a minute), so I'm not sure...

What should I do to be safe and still make some profit?

(Sorry for my bad english again)

Edited by Maki | trade.tf

The best you can do is risk it. Playing safe doesn't have the possibility of the best results. Just make sure you add people that don't have a private profile and inventory. Most of these people that want to be added may just want to have some people to slowly trust and get good deals from when the time comes. It can also be mutually beneficial. No one can hack you in steam unless you click a link they sent you.

You want profits, learn to take a risk. And basic rule: Never click links in steam.