Why are prices ridiculous!!??

Hello so lately I have been buying and selling stuff from scrap.tf, from other sites and ingame but have noticed if i buy something of scrap.tf and then resell it there the sell prices goes down buy HEAPS off the original price i paid for it? Im not just meaning a couple ref or scrap im meaning a couple keys.. Why is this? Am i being ripped off?

Nope, That's just how Scrap.TF keeps their site running.
People usually use this site as a place to quickly buy their stuff, so they don't need to wait on the seller.
Just like that, people use it as a last resort to sell their unwanted items.

I also think that the prices are quite high, but if there is a low demand to sell the items why would they stock up on them?

Also, Tweets (moderator) said this

Scrap.tf exists to give users a quick service with easy access to the items they want, at a slight premium. that slight premium is where we make the profit. For items that people don't want to buy form us much but want to sell to us a lot, we'll pay very little, and for items users don't want to sell to us much but want to buy quickly, we'll ask them to pay a larger premium. This all ensures that a consistent margin is kept, helping us stay in business and ensuring we don't become flooded with things nobody wants or always out of things everybody wants.

The question I have is this: Why are you reselling the item back to us? I would recommend you don't buy from us to sell on for a profit. The prices we set are set to be fair for people who want to get a quick item for themselves and are willing to make a loss. If you're buying to sell on, your chances of finding someone that will pay even higher than what you paid here is very, very slim.

Also, what are the items in question? KS Kits? Item-banking items?