Scrap.tf secrets!

I was sneaking :ph34r: around the index.html code, and I found this bit of text that was redacted from the site and probably will be put into the community rules later.

It's about the auctions that are in beta at the moment. 

So if anyone had any questions about auctions, this may answer them.

(I took the liberty of making things bold if they were like that in the code, like actually bolding things that were <b>supposed to.</b>)

Only bid what you intend to pay. When you place a bid, you are promising to give those exact items to the user auctioning their items. No advertising your auction anywhere else on the site. Posting a link to your auction anywhere else on the site such as raffles, comments, the forum, or chat counts as advertising. However, feel free to post your auctions on any other sites that allow you to. Staff have the right to close any auction anytime for any reason. In this instance the items will be returned to the auctioneer.

Mods, please don't hurt me. 

Edited by Maximum

Another secret in the code of scrap.tf!

Again, I was sneaking around the index.html code :ph34r: and found this little blip of text. It's very likely that someone has already found this, but I'll post it anyways.

Hello and welcome! To Scrap.TF v5~
    I am very sorry for taking this long to add a v5 dev comment.

Anyways here it goes, for over 2 years now...

Geel is dum, never does anything, and always breaks everything.
    Bat-Country > Geel
    Uhhhh Starbutt/Butt Horse/Book Horse/Twi is best pony <3
    I use Sublime Text for typing all this stuff, it's amazing
    Butts are amazing
    Why are you still reading this stop looking at my code ;_;
    Have fun on here, or not, whatever
    Go to scrap.tf/nothing

vroom vroom~

And, if you go to scrap.tf/nothing, you find this page (for a picture of the page, click here.)

I'll keep you guys posted on anymore I find. Don't forget to post secrets that you've found!

I already knew about the second secret.

It says on the v5 update page that you can find that by "Viewing Page Source".

Although, I should mention the first secret was probably gonna be added to the rules if "Auctions" went well, which they didn't. Probably forgot to be removed from the coding.

Edited by Ezekiel
1 minute ago, Ezekiel said:

I already knew about the second secret.

It says on the v5 update page that you can find that by "Viewing Page Source".

Although, I should mention the first secret was probably gonna be added to the rules if "Auctions" went well, which they didn't. Probably forgot to be removed from the coding.

Yeah, but maybe some people didn't know about them. This is a place to post secrets that have been discovered, not to diss on them. I even stated that they were probably going to make it public later! :o

25 minutes ago, Maximum said:

I found this bit of text that was redacted from the site and probably will be put into the community rules later.

So please keep unnecessary negativity out of this forum. It doesn't make anything better, and it is way easier and way smarter of a decision to not even type hate in the first place. So from this point forward, I don't want to see a single thing that can be summarized with a sad face in this discussion :(. Anyways, you look like an experienced user on this forum! B) So do you know any other lil' secrets that I haven't posted already? It'd be nice to see you actually contribute to the thread instead of criticizing others :angry:. I'm looking for more as well! :P

Well, if you'd like a secret...

Adding "/announcement/" to the end of the ScrapTF home html will bring up the most current announcement. Not necessarily a secret but helpful for viewing an announcement.

You can even comment on it!

And I wasn't being negative or "dissing" your post, just backing it up with facts and knowledge that I've gained from talking in chat, which you should do more often. It's really fun!

And about the redacted rule... I'm pretty sure it'll never be added. But it's a secret nonetheless.

Edited by Ezekiel
2 hours ago, Ezekiel said:

Well, if you'd like a secret...

Adding "/announcement/" to the end of the ScrapTF home html will bring up the most current announcement. Not necessarily a secret but helpful for viewing an announcement.

You can even comment on it!

And I wasn't being negative or "dissing" your post, just backing it up with facts and knowledge that I've gained from talking in chat, which you should do more often. It's really fun!

And about the redacted rule... I'm pretty sure it'll never be added. But it's a secret nonetheless.

You may not have meant for it to come off as "dissing" but that is how it felt to me :( . I am also a new member of the forums (I JOINED TODAY!) So I haven't even gotten an opportunity to go into the chat :o . I will check it out, though! :)

1 hour ago, Jesse | ScrapTF said:

The auctions rules were there for a while, but since auctions are dead I commented them out because people kept complaining they were there.

scrap.tf/nothing used to actually have a page, but Geel removed it because it was ponies.

1. OHMYGURDITSJESSEHIHOWAREYOUDOINGIMSOGLADYOUCAMEHEREANDJOINEDTHEDISCUSSION

2. I really appreciate you coming and clarifying those secrets! They still are pretty funny, but it's amazing that a developer actually commented on the easter egg! :) 

3. I am a very new member of the forums (I joined today,) and I am looking forward to posting more on threads and in chat. I think scrap.tf is a place that has really helped Team Fortress 2 as a whole. The community sustained by this site is a good place for new gamers and people from other games (like Counterstrike) to adjust to the smaller and friendlier player-base, and have their love for TF2 grow. B)

See you around, Jesse!

2 hours ago, Pegapnea said:

I think this qualifies.

https://scrap.tf/CELEBRATION

There used to be a link at the bottom of every page in the 'powered by' section named 'ponies'

clicking on it would take you to this link https://scrap.tf/CELEBRATION (a little loud)

but as with the 'nothing' page,

On 5/25/2016 at 0:22 PM, Jesse | ScrapTF said:

scrap.tf/nothing used to actually have a page, but Geel removed it because it was ponies.

obviously CELEBRATION is still visible but there is no direct link to it, so it is hard to find.

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/5/2016 at 5:36 PM, ᶻ⋅ᶜ AimBooty | trade.tf said:

well actually it doesnt matter what you type after the slash you'll get the same page, look : https://scrap.tf/potato or https://scrap.tf/banana XD

That is not some kind of a secret, Because the error is common when a person (vaguely) thinks it's the url that he was typing instead of having to do a few clicks to go there.

Example: scrap.tf/user/1284568

Instead of: scrap.tf/profile/1284568